Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sketchy progress.





I have decided to make Friday or Saturday night 'blog night'. It is a chance for me to reflect on the week and by writing things down I can hopefully quantify what I have achieved rather than thinking of all the things that I haven't finished yet. I did spend some time this week on a new black and white drawing but most of the week was taken up with admin and computer stuff as I continue to work out how to reproduce my work and then package it. I narrowed down my choice of 12 kinds of paper to two that I really want to work with. Firstly, I have chosen a bamboo paper which is only 10% cotton and 90% bamboo and I think I will use this for colour prints. For the black and white prints I have chosen the Hahnemuhle Museum etching paper. In all honesty the prints probably look better than the originals.
So I ordered more paper and was strangely nervous doing so. I have spent thousands of dollars over the years buying silver and other materials to make jewellery and yet spending a couple of hundred dollars on paper felt very indulgent and for a minute or two the old doubt bug crept in and I wondered if I would end up with a stack of very expensive paper that I would end up having to cut into squares to write phone messages on.

Pushing that feeling of doubt aside, I have moved on to retouching the scanned images for the drawings I have from last year just to remove the odd specs of dust that sneak in; so soon, very soon I may have something new to put into my etsy shop. Next week I will have to work out postage costs and order supplies for packaging and hopefully above all else try and finish my first little black and white for the year. I will finish here and upload some of my sketchy progress.




3 comments:

Mieko said...

Great idea about the blog night! I should try that. I really look forward to seeing your prints!

PS: I know I'm really late, but Akemashite omedeto gozaimasu!

Tia said...

And we are better for you not allowing your doubt to creep in! Keep going Claire - can't wait to see the prints on etsy and in real life :O)

Claire Ishino said...

Thank you Mieko. Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu to you too! Good luck finding time for your blog. I don't know how you find time to work, study, make jewellery and blog too!!! Amazing:D
And thank you again Tia. I am very excited to hear how your projects are going too! (*o*)/