Saturday, January 22, 2011

Progress







What can I say? Progress is slow but there is progress at least and my goal is to achieve more than I did the previous week.



I am venturing into the 2D world. A few kind people (naturally family and friends) have said "make prints"! It feels like it should just be a case of pushing two buttons: scan and print. But it is not that simple. In creating a print I am trying to create something that is as close as possible to the original and maintains the same essence. So with the help of my husband I have spent my week photo scanning, document scanning, and photographing original drawings to compare the digital data and the subtle differences that each method produces. In addition, I have 12 different varieties of beautiful Hahnemuhle fine art paper to choose from to print on! I then need to consider how I will package these prints and the cost to ship to different countries. It all takes time.



I am not feeling extremely confident with the work I have done so far but I keep moving forward with the line in my head that , "everyone starts somewhere. There will be room for improvement. I have also managed a little time to work on a new drawing this week. IT has basically gone from a small thumbnail to pulling that apart and trying hard to work on each section. I hope to have more to show by next week.



And the loveliest progress of all this week: a little sale to a friend in Melbourne. I think it would be nice to keep a little world map pinpointed with all the places my jewellery has found homes.



And so one step at a time I keep on going....

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Reminds me of an old chinese proverb I read the other day..
"Every journey of one thousand miles starts with a single step"
I look forward to seeing where your next steps take you :)

Tia said...

Yay Claire! Yes indeed, every journey has a first step. Everyones story begins somewhere. I'd like to buy a print Claire - I'll be in touch. xx

Claire Ishino said...

Thanks Jenny :D I love that proverb! think I need to print that and stick it up on the wall!
And thanks Tia! been thinking of you - lets catch up soon. xo