Friday, October 14, 2011

Just in time!


I have just finished putting a layer of matt varnish on these bangles in time for tomorrow evening's Art Market at Espionage Gallery. A few years ago, I made some of these bangles for a market in Japan so I will be interested to see how they are received here. Although I had some interest in the bangles I made before, I never actually sold any. When I made the move back to Australia I had to leave them behind apart from the one I had already been wearing. Now, whenever I wear that bangle here, people always ask me where I got it and so finally I have made some more! I have just one sheet of this beautiful Japanese washi paper that I used on the outside of the bangles so I will be sad when it is all finished. The rest of the bangle is made from a slice of a recycled plastic drink bottle and layers of recycled newspaper.

No comments: