Friday, August 5, 2011

I Heart Jewellery


Tonight I did something a bit out of the ordinary for me. I actually attended the opening night of an exhibtion I am participating in at Zu Design! Sounds strange really as I always remember in the past that opening nights were something I would never have missed since they are the party and reward after all the hard work that goes into making a piece. But although I have exhibited regularly at Zu over the last few years, I have never actually made it to the opening of any of those shows. So tonight was different.
With early dinner prepared for the kids and a 6.00pm start time, I thought we could achieve it! And I am glad we did! "I heart Jewellery" is part of this years SALA (South Australian Living Artists) festival. It is a great festival which showcases and celebrates the work of South Australian artists and during August, numerous exhibitions and events are held around the state. I had forgotten just how crowded these events can be (especially when trying to squeeze through with an almost four year old in arms so he too can see inside the showcases but we loved what we saw inside and I was impressed that my little boy also seemed to quite enjoy the event. Fortunately Missy Muffet, aged 2, fell asleep in the car on the way there but unfortunately for Papa that meant he had to carry her when my arms gave up!
It was inspiring to see the work of the other jewellers participating in the exhibition and reminded me of why I really 'heart' jewellery. Thanks to Jane and Roman at Zu for having my pieces for this wonderful show.

No comments: