Thursday, August 4, 2011

Embrace


About 5 months ago, I blogged about an idea I had for a print. Well here it is finally finished!
It started with a hug; an embrace in the middle of the night to comfort my little girl. As we sat with our heads close together and our arms encircling eachother, I wondered what kind of visual pattern this might make. At that time it was something that was happening every night, a pattern that was forming: wake, embrace, go back to sleep. And so I translated this to the pattern in this drawing.
It is to remind us of the comfort we find in a hug. And also I see it as a symbol to remind us to embrace eachother, to embrace oppotunities and to embrace every moment...

2 comments:

Mieko said...

That is absolutely beautiful. I love the inspiration behind it.

Claire Ishino said...

Thank you Mieko-chan. It is funny how inspiration comes along at the strangest times! (*o*)/